As the new year begins you may be interested in some of the trends occurring in the housing market and we would like to help you improve your knowledge about today’s market. Below are the statistics of 2014 that NSDCAR found using Sandicor. Per the NSDCAR HomeDex North County Summary Report for January 2014 for Single-Family Home Prices:
- The median price for all homes in North San Diego County- single family detached and single family attached-declined from $478,500 in December 2013, to $475,000 in January 2014.
- The median-priced single-family detached (SFD) home in North San Diego County increased 5.46 percent, from $540,000 in December 2013 to $569,500 in January 2014. Year-over median SFD price in North San Diego County increased 22.47 percent, compared to $465,000 in January 2013 – an 18-month sustained trend of year-over median price increase.
- The SFD median price in non-North County Zip Codes declined 2.32 percent from $441,250 in December 2013 to $431,000 in January 2014. Year-over non-North County median price increased 19.72 percent, compared to $360,000 in January 2013, a 22-month trend of year-over median price increases.
- The median SFD price in San Diego County decreased 1.45 percent, to $475,000 in January 2014 from $482,000 in December 2013. Year-over county-level SFD median price increased 21.48 percent, compared to January 2013.
- The median days-on-market for North San Diego County SFD homes sold increased, to 41 days in January 2014 from 33 days in December 2013.
- The SFD median price-per-square foot jumped, to $272 in January 2014 from $264 in December 2013, a 19.55 percent increase year-over compared to January 2013.
- The number of sold SFD units in North San Diego County dropped 26.52 percent in January 2014 from December 2013; year-over sold SFD units declined 22.46 percent from January 2013.
- SFD total sales volume decreased 6.39 percent year-over compared to January 2013, the second straight year-over decline after 20 months of increases.
Brown, Robert Ph. D, North San Diego County HomeDex, Department of Economics California State University, San Marcos,2014. North San Diego County Association of Realtors.
Brandlin Appraisals Inc. specialize in helping people who need appraisals for estate purposes, divorce, date of death, bankruptcy, FSBO’s and more throughout San Diego county. For more information please contact us at (760)741-7699, or visit our website at Brandlinappraisals.com, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
San Diego, CA // Real Estate Appraiser
San Diego Real Estate Appraisal Services For:
* Divorce Appraisals / Marriage Dissolution
* Bankruptcy Appraisals
* Bail Bonds Appraisals
* Estate / Date of Death / Retrospective Appraisals
* Financial Planning & Trusts
* PMI Removal Appraisals
* Pre-Foreclosure & Short Sales
* Tax Assessment Appeals
* Pre-Listing, Pre-Purchase, FSBO’s
* Probate Appraisals